“I actually like to drink iced tea, but unfortunately almost all of them are sweetened with refined sugar. So I made my own iced tea and used erythritol for it!
“And what should I say? I love it! It tastes like real iced tea and is soooo easy to prepare!
- Peaches (approx. 500g) (3 to 4 medium peaches)
- 4 bags of black tea
- 4 tbsp powder erythritol
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Peaches and mint for serving
Make the peach syrup
- Wash, remove pit and cut the peaches into wedges.
- Add peach wedges, sugar and 250 ml water in a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then simmer on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Then pour the contents of the saucepan through a sieve into a bowl.
- Let cool.
Make the tea
- In the meantime, brew the tea into a concentrate.
- Bring 500ml of water adding the black tea bags and lemon juice.
- Let the mixture steep for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, depending on how strong you like your tea. Remove the team bag, squeezing as much water from the bags as you can.
- Let the tea cool.
Bring everything together
- Fill a large jug (at least 1.5L capacity) with ice cubes and the peach wedges.
- Pour in the cooled tea and the cooled peach syrup.
- Add an additional 500 ml of cold water.
- If you want, you can wash, pit and slice 2 more peaches. Add the peach wedges to the iced tea and serve cold.
Watch the video
Follow Larissa Stein on Instagram for more delicious recipes.
On the go? You can make iced tea in your Recharge Pro Travel Mug.
Follow along here.