- 3 tsp or 2 teabags Chai tea
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
Make in advance: Steep tea in boiled buttermilk for 30 minutes. Strain/remove tea and allow buttermilk to cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in tea steeped buttermilk, eggs, melted butter. Some lumps are okay so don’t over whisk.
- Heat griddle or large pan, brush with butter or vegetable oil (as desired).
- Ladle 1/3 cup batter at a time and flip when they start to bubble.
- Serve with your favourite toppings, butter, maple syrup, fruit, etc.